Friday, February 11, 2011

Breaking Out of My Comfort Zone

I'm trying to push myself and my beads more since I'm full time again! I've revisited encased florals, which are a little stressful, but the end result is totally worth it!

This bead has a light turquoise/transparent purple/dark red twisted stringer base, encased with clear. There are layers of soft blue flowers, and Double Helix silver glass dots on the surface.



I've also decided to cut loose and not only make beads that I know will turn out good. The beads below are an example of me just having fun, and they turned out awesome!

This crunch bead has a light turquoise base, with orange dots, encased with clear. There are layers of my handpulled murrini, as well as murrini and subtle orange stringer designs on the surface.


This crunch bead has a black (which is really a dark transparent purple as you can see in some spots) base, with white dots that have been poked and capped with transparent aqua glass. The bead is encased with clear, and has three raised Double Helix silver glass dots on each side.


I pulled a new murrini cane too! The photo below shows a coral crunch bead with three of the new murrini that have been twisted together-fun!



-Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment