I've been recently trying to keep the paperweights a bit bigger as the normal size which has allowed me to fit two lizards on a paperweight :) Maybe an extra lizard will try to sneak on a future paperweight! These little guys are on Etsy.
I stopped by Home Depot recently and I found alder and poplar strips that I thought would look great glued together. The wood is finished with some natural danish oil and it really makes the alder pop! The paperweight is 1.25in diameter :)
I've been having a lot of fun making paperweights and wooden stands lately. The darker stands were made by my dad, however I will be picking up some darker stain later today :) I have a bunch of paperweights that are just waiting for the stands, so once those are done I will make another entry with those :)
I've been wanting to add silver foil to my snakeskin beads but I couldn't figure out how to add them to individual dots. Then I was reading a tutorial in The Flow magazine for a different technique but it hit me to do lines instead of dots! Here is the outcome :D
We have been torching a little bit again recently as we are making changes in our life. We both gave our two week notices at our work. I'll be working on our two business fulltime and Andrea will be as well but with a part time job of 10-18 hours a week. So there will be a lot more updates on our blog!